Table of Contents
Alter Wellness Care Is a Top Choice for Outpatient Help
When dealing with a mental health disorder like anxiety, bipolar disorder, or depression, a person can take many avenues for healing. You can move into a treatment center full-time, in a residential inpatient program, or you can opt for a fully outpatient treatment plan in which you select times to attend talk therapy sessions as you live your life normally. If neither of these options sounds right to you, you may want to opt for the third option: a partial hospitalization program rehab in Laguna Beach. The city is home to Alter Wellness Care’s Laguuna Beach PHP treatment center, offering a convenient hybrid approach to mental wellness that combines the benefits of inpatient and outpatient care.
Alter Wellness Care is the best facility for partial hospitalization programs in Laguna Beach because we offer high-quality, holistic care that is always on the cutting edge of modern scientific knowledge. Our team is caring, experienced, and passionate about their work, and they are dedicated to providing the most effective recovery experience to each patient through customized programming.
We incorporate trauma-informed care into all levels of treatment at Alter Wellness Care, ensuring that our patients feel safe, emotionally and physically, making space for healing. All care providers are trained to recognize and treat those who have experienced trauma, providing a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
Our six-dimensional approach to mental health and wellness incorporates healing the emotional, social, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and occupational issues of mental illness and health. Every person is complex and multifaceted, and we aim to provide a whole-person healing experience.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A PHP program is different from therapy, as when people refer to “going to therapy” they usually mean speaking to a therapist once or twice a week for a specific type of therapy (CBT, psychotherapy, etc.), whereas in partial hospitalization programs, you attend mental health treatment almost every day, for several hours per day. It is much more intensive, with several different types of therapy and treatments provided at once.
At Alter Wellness Care’s partial hospitalization program rehab in Laguna Beach, we provide sober living housing for those receiving treatment, as it can be difficult for those who do not live nearby to commute back and forth. Living close will give you convenient access to the help you need as you maintain your independence and control your schedule.
Some people may use PHP to ” step down” their care after staying in inpatient care, helping them transition back into taking on responsibilities and living independently. Others will enter the PHP directly. Your program will be customized to suit your unique needs, including scheduling and types of therapy offered.
Most patients are in a PHP program for 30 to 45 days, 3 to 6 days a week, attending therapy sessions at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. The rest of the time, you are free to live your life as you wish, go to work, visit friends and family, or stay in for a quiet relaxing night.
Who Is a Good Fit for a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial hospitalization program is not right for everybody. Some people will see greater benefits in a completely residential program, especially those with co-occurring conditions and those with severe mental health problems. Others require less structure and support and can live at home, receiving outpatient treatment in an intensive outpatient program (IOP).
People who will fit best into the PHP are those who:
- Require strong mental health care in a customized and comprehensive program.
- Have a serious mental health condition or co-occurring but are not a danger to themselves or others.
- Are prescribed prescription medication for their mental health disorder(s).
- Have previous experience with getting treatment and therapy.
- Have just finished an inpatient rehabilitation program or residential treatment.
- They are strongly motivated to participate in their own recovery actively.
- Are open-minded, ready to do the work, and ready to make internal changes for a better quality of life
7 Benefits of PHP Treatment
Some of the benefits of coming to Alter Wellness Care’s partial hospitalization program rehab in Laguna Beach include:
- Getting evidence-based and scientifically proven care that has been proven to be effective. Partial hospitalization programs effectively incorporate social functioning with strong support and consistent therapy.
- Structured living and care provide stability when a person needs it most. Patients at Alter Wellness Care will come to treatment on a regular schedule, get therapy from friendly and welcoming providers, and come to the same place every week.
- Community-building opportunities, as it can be difficult to find people who “get it” out in the world when you are dealing with a mental health challenge. Feelings of isolation and loneliness are common, but when you come to Alter Wellness Care, you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals and peers who have been dealing with similar issues. There are opportunities to build friendships and talk to people who know where you are coming from. You can learn from your peers while getting treatment and guidance from strong, supportive mental health professionals who are there to keep you safe and comfortable and get you the help you need.
- A healthy, non-judgmental environment in which you can tell the truth, be yourself, and begin the deep healing process that needs to happen. Stigmas and shame are not part of treatment at Alter. We provide a welcoming and healing space that is free from judgment.
- PHPs may have a lower price point than inpatient rehabilitation programs, depending on whether you live at home or in a sober living space and how much your insurance plan will cover.
- In a partial hospitalization program, you can run your day as you like outside of your scheduled treatments, with the option to live in a safe sober residence nearby if you wish. You will get strong support every day, but you can still work at your job, attend an event, or visit with friends.
- Customized care that is designed to suit your unique needs. You will not be placed in therapies that don’t work for you. Your individual program will be created just for you.
Will Insurance Cover a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Yes, your health insurance will likely cover some of all of your partial hospitalization program. Not all insurance plans are created equal though, so it is a good idea to look into the specifics of your policy. It may vary depending on where you live, the types of therapies and medications offered, and your housing needs.
You may not be reimbursed if you are out of network or need to make copayments or pay a deductible before your insurance kicks in. Some insurance plans including Medicare will often require preauthorization for a partial hospitalization program, meaning you will need a letter from a health care provider that gives your diagnosis. Others may not cover certain programs like job training or support groups for socializing, or they may pay for housing but not transportation to and from your appointments.
It is best to look into your coverage before you choose a treatment program. If you want to verify your insurance coverage and review your treatment options, our experts can help you determine the best action plan for your situation.
Call Alter and Get Help From a Partial Hospitalization Program Rehab in Laguna Beach
If you are looking for an intensive care program that does not restrict your movement and gives you autonomy regarding the type of care you receive, Alter Wellness Care’s partial hospitalization program rehab in Laguna Beach may be right for you.
Through psycho-educational groups, skills development programs, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, support groups, process groups, and acceptance therapy, you will gain a new perspective on life and a new understanding of yourself while healing the underlying issues causing your distress and difficulties.
Our team is here for you now. If you would like to learn more about how to get started down your individualized pathway to wellness, please call us at 866-520-2943 or contact our team online. We can help you.